Yesung or Kai for Ara

The air-conditioned room had gotten much colder with the eyes that was almost killing him. Yesung was summoned by SM Entertainment President, Lee Sooman, for the reason he had foreseen last week. On the table, scattered the news report, from tabloid to broadsheet, saying one thing: an idol dating a director. People had given malice over the issue, putting him in the bad light and worse for Ara, because people, especially sasaeng fans would show no mercy to give her even a bit light.


"Perhaps, you know what I want you to do. I have so much to deal with, please don't add up to my problems." President Lee spoke first, his tone was arctic. "You will also do  Director Seo a favor, I've heard about the sasaeng fans." President Lee added and turned his attention again to pile of papers on his table.

Yesung did not have the heart to utter even a word. He knew he could do something about the situation. Something that would not hurt Ara.

"If you don't have anything to say. You may go." The president said, not even parting his eyes away from the papers. Yesung's voice betrayed him, not giving the president a word. He bowed his head not in respect, but in shame. Shame of himself. The frigidness of the room forced him to leave. Leave with no reply.

Press conference at 7pm. What should I do?

------------------------------

The ablaze sky was about to fade, replacing the humid air with cool breeze. Ara was walking down the alley, almost pirouetting in happiness. She was in her best: clothes, shoes, bag, with her make up on. Yesung agreed to meet her at 7pm at Hanilkwan.  Where this meeting would lead to, she did not know. However, her heart told her she must go.

Suddenly, it told her to go faster. Walk faster. On that silent street, she noticed someone was following her. She mustered all her courage and turned around, her eyes keenly observed the place. No one but a black cat that meowed at her. She continued to walk, feeling a sense of relief. Then, a voice coming from unidentified place called her. "Seo Ara?!" It was a voice of a woman. No, not a woman, a girl. A voice that was  too powerful for a girl. On the spur of the moment, there were girls surrounding her, leaving her no space to escape. Ara could barely see their faces in the dusk, which made her more afraid.

"Get lost!"

"Stop dreaming, you hopeless bitch!"

"Stay away from Yesung oppa, arasseo?!"

Litanies of threats overwhelmed Ara. These girls was freaking her out. She wanted to run away from this crazy sasaeng fans, but she knew it was impossible. Apparently, she did not stand a chance. Soon, the girls were getting closer and closer, with their deadly stare and flaring nose. Ara knew, they were serious to harm her, until a hand from no where grabbed hers, dragging her away from them. Indeed, saving her.

The mysterious hand led her five blocks away before it stopped. Ara was catching her breath, at the same time catching a glimpse of her savior.

"Thank you..." Ara said, using her last stored energy. The mysterious hand removed his cap to reveal his identity to Ara. "Kai?!"

"Hello Noona, nice seeing you again."

"How come... are you following me?" Ara asked. her confusion reached the zenith level. Why on earth this kid would appear in the most unexpected place, in the most unexpected time and unexpectedly saved her?

"Noona, are you being harsh? You should thank me first." Kai said, pouting his lips.

"I have thanked you already." Ara replied, she was stunned by his act. His lips.

"I don't mean that. Let's drink Noona. My treat." he said, flashing his youthful smile.

He was too adorable to resist, Ara remembered the day when Kai invited her to rose garden. But this time was different, she would meet Yesung at 7pm. She had 30 minutes to get to Hanilkwan.

"I'm sorry. I have a dinner with a friend at 7."

"Yesung?"

"Ha?"

"Noona, you gained a boyfriend but you also gained sasaeng fans. Let me take you there." Kai said, his voice was calm and a bit hurt. Ara did not know since when her sympathy for this kid came back.

------------------------------

They continued to walk with their sealed lips. The silence was unbearable that Ara felt she was going to die of not talking. Then, Kai stopped and faced her when she realized, they were in Hanilkwan already. Are we saying goodbye? 

"Noona, you are five minutes early."

"Really? Ah, thank you for walking with me." Ara said, still confused if she would say her goodbye to Kai or wait for him first.

"Noona, I have an idea." Kai said, showing off his playful smile again.

It happened so fast that Ara found herself being served a soju at the soju tents across Hanilkwan. They occupied a spot where they could see the entrance of the said restaurant.

"Are you sure about this?" Ara said, she doubted Kai's idea but still had no objections.

"Noona, trust me. If Yesung arrives and finds you already there, wouldn't he find you excited to see him. Aigoo, you should know how to play hard to get." Kai said and sipped his beer. "When we see him entering the restaurant, you may go." He added with a wink in the end. Ara just smiled her uneasiness. There was silence again, it was torturing this time that Ara rose up to go. Kai spoke.

"There was this noona that I loved before. She has a very strong personality but soft and sweet like a puppy when she sleeps. She was my first girlfriend and she was everything to me back then... when all of a sudden she stopped seeing me. Then, I learned she was dating this guy, who was older than her. This guy was her ex. I was really hurt that she just used me to teach that guy a lesson."

"Why are you telling me that?" Ara cut him sounding irritated.

"Since then, I dated noonas but never took them seriously... those noonas, they think they are strong, they like me because they think they can control me..." He trailed off, grabbing Ara's hand, motioning her to sit down. "Until I met you, so vulnerable, crybaby noona-"

"Stop that! I have to go." Ara got up to her seat and ready to leave, when she saw Yesung on TV, it was live telecast. She stood for a moment, and froze.

Director Seo and I are friends... 

You were seen together holding hands, is that what friends supposed to do?

We're very close that holding hands is normal to us. But we are good friends, and I think Ara would agree with me if I say we don't have any plans of taking it to the next level. 

I'm so sorry for Ara because I learned there were sasaeng fans following her. My message to them, you got the wrong one. (laughs)

Ara did not have an idea how long was she standing there, freezing in rancor. Yesung, you are the first guy to hold my hand like that. To you its nothing. She did not even notice that Kai was standing in front of her, his fingers exploring her moist cheeks.

"...since then, I've wanted to wipe off your tears."

-----------------------------

In the suburb of Seoul, there was a wrecked car found that fell off the cliff. It was greatly destroyed that the police lost hope of saving any of its passengers. However, when they gained an opportunity to examine the car, they found out that there was no one inside.


"Chief, I found this." An officer told the Chief Inspector, handing him the wallet that was found in the car.

"Choi Siwon."

 

Meet The Author

   
divmoes
a student of History and Literature. Bibliophile and Korean in past life.
     
       
"The best way to predict your future is to create it."
- Abraham Lincoln
 
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
-Theodore Roosevelt
 
"Patience is a talent"
 
"Eruption - not necessary"