Kini woke up in pain, it came from her lower abdomen. In a blitz, she got to her feet and saw a stain on the bed sheet. Oh no, I didn't bring a napkin. Then, a smell from the kitchen reached her room through the air, she opened the door and popped her head out. She saw Sungjoon cooking, on the table, there was a transparent plastic, inside was a napkin.
"The princess has finally woken." Sungjoon said, his full attention on the porridge he was cooking. "I have bought you the most girly thing a man could buy. You owe me."
Deja vu. This time is different. Her predicament was solved.
"Thank you." Kini said, she walked to get the plastic on the table and headed to the rest room. When she came out, a porridge on the table was set. Porridge for two.
"Eat. You need energy." Sungjoon bade her. Though, she was cringing in pain, she couldn't say no to him. She had troubled him a lot. "I found you lying on the floor."
"I must have fainted because of dysmenorrhea. Sometimes, it hurts so much." Kini told him, her left hand smoothing her abdomen while her right holding the spoon. "Its delicious." she remarked and tried to smile even in pain.
Silence. Sungjoon decided to break it. His curiosity implored him to ask her.
"Jang Kini, do you know about Freudian Slip?" He asked. He barely touched his food. Kini found his question out of the blue.
"I've heard of it. Why?" She asked. Sungjoon took a spoonful of porridge. I love you.. Heechul oppa. Now, he was on the fence and wanted to pull the plug. I shouldn't have asked her.
"Ahh.. because you said you'll wash the bed sheet." He almost stuttered. Kini looked at him, unconvinced. Fortunately, he was save by the bell, literally.
The doorbell rang. Sungjoon took the opportunity to leave the question in oblivion. He opened the door, it was a man. He had a gut feeling that he had seen this man somewhere, the man looked familiar. Sungjoon squinted his eyes.
"I'm Kim Kibum. Is Jang Kini here?"
-----------------------------
"I'm so full." Donghae said, leaning his back on the chair. The table was filled with empty plates and bowls. Helen was very delighted to see them enjoying the food, though there were some occasional awkwardness between Siwon and her. She was thankful that Donghae was there, she was still able to speak. But not for a long time, his phone rang, with his looks he needed to leave.
"Manager-hyung called. The shoot is moved earlier. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you with the dishes." Donghae told her, his eyes were apologetic.
"Its okay, I can manage it." Helen replied. Then, Donghae gave her a swift kiss on the lip and made his way to the door.
"I'll call you." He said and left. Then there was Helen and Siwon, the two of them only. Dead air. Helen started to clean the table. She had to bend over to get the utensils from Siwon's side. Siwon saw that she was struggling so he handed some to her, and fortuitously caught her hand. His dimples showed up again, he stood up not letting go of her hand. He started to swing it.
Deja vu. This time is different. They were not in the hospital. And Donghae had left.
"Why are we so awkward with each other? We just have agreed to start again, right?" Siwon told her, she just chuckled and looked at him. This time, not in her peripheral vision. "Let me help you with that, so I can repay you for this wonderful lunch." He continued. Helen could do nothing but let him get some of the plates and they went to the kitchen sink.
"Have you read the script?" Siwon asked while they were washing the plates. Helen was drying them with a towel.
"Yes. I like how it was written." She answered and continued to what she was doing.
"Okay, to let go some of the tension between us, let's play a game. Let's call it, throwing lines!" Helen just laughed. "I will say my lines, you should respond based on the script. Okay?" Helen nodded.
"I love you." Siwon started, looking intently into Helen's eyes.
"Ha?" Helen was taken aback. She wasn't sure if she had read it on the script. But she replied. "I love you too." Its not the script but her heart. She bowed her head to escape from Siwon's eyes but the latter held her chin up. Suddenly kissed her.
"Why did you do that?" Helen asked. Her voice was trembling.
"The script told me." Siwon answered. Helen met his gaze. One thing she knew, she couldn't follow the script anymore. She wanted to follow her heart.
"The script asked me to kiss you back." And she kissed him.
---------------------------------
For an hour, they were just staring at each other. Lying on the floor, Heechul had extended his arm, so Suri could rest her head on it. They didn't move nor speak. Silence had rekindled their love. Well, officially.
"Lets go." Heechul said and sit up.
"Where?" Suri asked, she was too lazy to move.
"Bring a marker. I'll wait for you in the car." And he left.
The places the car passed by were familiar to Suri. She must have seen it before. Or earlier. Then, the car stopped at the National Cemetery.
"Kim Heechul, what are we going to do here?"
"Jang Suri, you said its your father's birthday today. I want to greet him. Come on!" He got off the car, Suri followed him.
"Kim Heechul, you want to greet him but you didn't even bother to bring anything, even flowers." Suri scoffed at him.
"Jang Suri, I have brought the most beautiful flower in the world for him. Rain or shine, it wouldn't wither." Suri looked him awry. "Myself. Kim Heechul. The flower boy." Heechul said in a lofty manner. As expected, Suri just sneered.
"Okay, okay. Lets go."
They walked through lengthy lines of tombstones before they reached the tombstone of Suri's father laid under the canopy of maple tree.
Deja vu. This time is different. Heechul was there too.
Suri performed the military salute and Heechul did it also. "Happy Birthday, Mr. Jang!" He said cheerfully, then his face became serious. "I am Kim Heechul... yes, the boy who got drunk. That's embarrassing." He was scratching his head, he continued. "Mr. Jang, Suri lived in New York for three years, I know we're on the same side, you don't want her to leave again, right?"
"Kim Heechul!" Suri yelled. Heechul put his index finger on his lips, asking her to keep her mum.
"If you could trust me, I'll make her stay. Let me marry your daughter." He said and turned to face Suri, who remained still, totally surprised. "Where is the marker?"
"Ha?" Suri was stuttering, her hand was trembling getting the marker from her pocket. Heechul took her hand and drew a ring on her fourth finger.
"I haven't bought a ring, this will do for now." Heechul smiled. "When you left for New York, my life became miserable. I hate waking up, I find it hard to sleep. I want to go there and drag you away back here. For more than a thousand days, it always been like that. Now, you're here. I want to wake up seeing first your face, I want to sleep with my arms around you. I want little Heechul and little Suri to play around my house. I will give them gift a father could best offer. I will love their mother, every single day."
"Kim Heechul.." Suri said sniveling. "Promise me one thing."
"Anything."
"Please give me a decent ring, okay?!" Hugs and Kisses followed.
Not only the dead Korean patriots witnessed that. Someone took a picture of them.
------------------------
Ara was standing in front of the salon. She was having double thoughts. I didn't wait for his son... At least, you could say sorry to her. Soon, she was inside, the place was busy as ever. She roamed her eyes around until she found Mrs. Kim, who was scolding someone. She thought, it was not the best time to see her so she turned her back to leave.
"Ara-ya!" It was Mrs. Kim. She looked back, trying to compose herself. "Omo, what happened to you, did you cry?" Ara didn't answer, she just shook her head. "I'm sorry for my son, he had to left the zoo. Kim Jongwoon! Ara is here!" Mrs. Kim called out. Then, the man who was she scolding stood up and faced them.
"Director Seo?!"
"Yesung?!"
"You know each other?" Mrs. Kim interjected. The two turned to her and nodded.
"Mrs. Kim, I have to go." said Ara and rushed her way outside.
Mrs. Kim urged Yesung to follow her. Soon, he was walking behind Ara. "Ara-ssi, wait! Can you slow down a bit?"
"Leave me alone!" Ara shouted. Of all the people, why it has to be you?! She walked faster, and faster, aimlessly. Her eyes were blurred by tears. Tears of frustration, and a broken heart. She didn't notice the warning lights washing her body from a car. It was too late for her to hear the car horn. Will I die today? Until someone caught her arm and pulled her away from the street. She was shocked, her face was buried on the man's chest. He released Ara from his embrace, holding her at arms length.
"Are you stupid? You were almost hit by the car?!" Yesung was angry. He shouted at her that most people looked at them.
"I told you to leave me alone!" Ara shouted back. Soon, she couldn't contain her feelings, she cried out loud and sit on her feet, in the sidewalk. "Nobody loves me!Why? Because I'm not that beautiful?!" Yesung approached her, stooped over and handed her a handkerchief.
"Stop that drama, Director Seo. It doesn't suit you." He said. "You may not be perfect but you're beyond beautiful." he continued, offered his hand to help her getting up. "Let's go to my shop, I'll treat you out." He put his hands on his pocket and led her the way. Ara was following him, wiping off her tears using his handkerchief. Another handkerchief, she examined it, it was embroidered.
Deja vu. This time is different. It wasn't Kai. Its Handel and Gretel.




