Wild Favor Part II

My eyes kept dilating as it fought the dazzling laser lights roaming freely mid air around the place. It was really dark and steamy hot, it got my mouth dried. There were so many people inside. I could not count all of them but I have my friends with me, they asked me to come along. My friends? Where are they? They were gone. I am all alone! I was nervous but I was feeling more thirsty. I need a drink. Then a guy in a leather jacket offered me his drink. He smiled at me. Without thinking, I took it and drank it until the very last drop. And I black out...

Kini was in a state of shock but she was not sure if it  because of the thousand decibels scream they made or the fact that there was a guy sleeping beside her. She looked at the guy who was sleeping tight as tight as Suri's grip. Omo, she is surely mad. Kini looked back at her sister who was looking awry at her. She noticed the ebb and flow of Suri's heart againts her chest. She already knew what would happen, Suri was about to explode. After the quake that had shaken Seoul, Suri's volcanic temper erupted.

"Get out!!!" Suri's face flushed. She closed her eyes trying to fight back the tears.


"Eonni, I can explain myself..." Kini trailed off. She saw her Eonni's face. It was serious. Deadly serious. She knew her sister well. She should leave. "I'm sorry." Kini said then she went to the bathroom to fix herself. It took her almost forever to come out of the bathroom, most of the time she just gawked. She was afraid to step out of her small haven but she did not have a choice. She took a deep breath and opened the door.

Suri was not there. However, there was a salient note on the table. Before she touched it, someone's hand had taken it. "I'm giving you this morning to leave the house, arasseo?- Your hardworking sister" said the stranger. Kini looked at the stranger who was fiddling with his hair. Though his hair was messy and his clothes unkempt, he's still handsome. Then last night was brought vividly to her mind. She was offered a drink then...

"Ya!!! What did you do to me?!" she exclaimed. Her eyes were projected at their biggest. Those six words took a lot of her oxygen. She was running out of breath now. The stranger just stared at her, eyes scanning her from head to toe, which made her feel unease that her arms suddenly covered her chest. Unexpectedly, the stranger laughed and moved closer to her. As the stranger stepped closer, Kini was stepping backwards until her back was against the wall. The stranger cornered her with his two arms.

"We just slept, don't daydream. You're not my type. We just slept... literally. Okay?" The stranger gave her a smirk. What an infectious smirk, soon oblivion encroached her. He is not a bad guy, he did nothing wrong to you. Because you are not his type. You are not my type... his words were playing over and over like a mantra. She called to stop it... "WAIT!!!" She came to her senses however he was not there anymore. The stranger has gone.

Kini was perplexed. She felt sad when the stranger was gone as if all the good things in life has been divested from her... like her sister. She remembered the choleric Suri. Omo, would she believe me if I say nothing happened? She knew that she had to let off steam first before she could talk to her. Well, she really needed to leave. But where to go?

There's only one person in the whole Korea whose door is always open for them. She searched for her phone in haste and dialed his number. He answered. Kini sighed in relief, "Heechul oppa!"

Kim Heechul. Suri's ex boyfriend.

 

Meet The Author

   
divmoes
a student of History and Literature. Bibliophile and Korean in past life.
     
       
"The best way to predict your future is to create it."
- Abraham Lincoln
 
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
-Theodore Roosevelt
 
"Patience is a talent"
 
"Eruption - not necessary"