The sun was probably lurking somewhere behind the clouds, which had scattered in an uneven fashion. Suri tilted her head upward looking for it, hoping it wouldn't rain. Fortunately, the sky remained its pale blue color. She almost missed dropping off to Dongjak station, she was very sleepy because of the medicine the nurse had prescribed to her. She just came out of the hospital, instead of resting, she decided to visit her father, laid to rest in Seoul National Cemetery.
There was a bunch of gardenia in her arms, which cost her a fortune, her right hand holding a basket stuffed with foods, her left hand carrying her phone. In case someone from New York call her or someone in Seoul. That bastard! He didn't even try to call me after that.. Suddenly, the things that happened inside the hospital room came to her in a flash. Jang Suri, why did you kiss him back?!
There was a bunch of gardenia in her arms, which cost her a fortune, her right hand holding a basket stuffed with foods, her left hand carrying her phone. In case someone from New York call her or someone in Seoul. That bastard! He didn't even try to call me after that.. Suddenly, the things that happened inside the hospital room came to her in a flash. Jang Suri, why did you kiss him back?!
She was stopped by her father's tombstone, situated under a canopy of maple trees. Suddenly, she found serenity. She put down all the things she was carrying. In lieu of a bow, Suri did a salute. Her father was a general in the Ministry of National Defense. "Abeoji, do you miss me?" Tears starting to blur her vision. She hadn't gone here for three years.
"I know, I know, I won't cry." She said, craning her neck to prevent her tears. "Abeoji, I missed you so much, Happy Birthday!" Then, Suri unloaded the basket, "I made a seaweed soup for you, and kimchi fried rice, your favorite. Remember, when Omma was ill, we ate kimchi fried rice for three straight days." Suri heaved a sigh, her father was silent. "Abeoji, remember Kim Heechul? Yes, he's that guy. He was so inebriated when you asked him to drink soju with your army friends. He is so soft, sometimes he would be mistaken for a girl. I want someone like you abeoji, manly and firm. But, I don't really know why I keep coming back to him." Silence.
"Abeoji, Kini is graduating next semester. By the way, she's not living with me as of the moment. She did something wrong, abeoji. I'm just teaching her a lesson." Then, there was a sound. The sound of a camera shutter. Suri looked around, there was no one. She faced her father's tombstone. "Abeoji, is that you? You're scaring me... okay, I'll get Kini back.
----------------------------------
Kini woke up, feeling strange. She was tired from yesterday's turn of events and Kibum's presence in the hospital. Though, there was an infinitesimal disparity between her unusual feeling and being tired. She knew she had to get up to see where this strange feeling coming from. She dragged herself off the bed and saw a red stain turning into black. Oh no! She did not bring a napkin. She wasn't expecting it.
What to do now? Kini traipsed back and forth, both hands on her head. I have to do something. She headed to the door, opened it and peered out her head. She was hoping to see Heechul but he was not around. Only Sungjoon, who was reading a newspaper. Jang Kini, you can't ask him a favor. However, she had no choice. She found herself standing before Sungjoon.
"The princess has finally woken." Sungjoon said nonchalantly pointing to the wall clock. Its 11:30 already.
"Sungjoon-ssi, I know I have troubled you big time..." Kini stopped, groping for words. Sungjoon also stopped, setting the newspaper aside and looked awry at her. "I have a big favor to ask, only you can help me." Kini said, tears started to pool from her eyes. Sungjoon was taken aback. This girl could irritate and move his heart at the same time.
"Are you okay?" Sungjoon asked with concern. Kini just shook her head and covered her face with her hands. She started crying, soon she was sniveling. Kini made a gibberish sounds that Sungjoon had to calm her.
"Kini ssi, what's the problem?" He said placidly, like a preschool teacher. Kini met her gaze and gulped, swallowing her pride.
"I need a napkin!"
"Whaaat??!" Sungjoon exclaimed.
A damsel and a knight in shining armor... both in distress.
----------------------------------------
Redundant. That was the feeling for Ara. The rose garden itself was romantic. The kid in front of her was equally romantic. Does he really like noonas? She accepted the rose and Kai gave her a roguish smile. She slyly smelled the rose, then noticed a blood on her fingers. Then, the pain crept in. Every rose has its thorn, unfortunately, she was touching it.
"Noona, its bleeding." Kai noticed it too, his face was afflicted with guilt. He hastily took Ara's hand and about to suck the blood. It surprised Ara that she forcibly took it back.
"I'm okay." She ducked her head. Her bangs almost covered her eyes. Kai tucked it under her ears.
"Noona, I know an Ice cream shop nearby, you must try their green tea ice cream. We can also drop by the pharmacy along the way, at least to disinfect that." Kai said. He sounded like a years older than Ara. It suddenly hit her, she kept calling Kai a kid but she did not know exactly his age.
"Kai, how old are you?" Ara asked, out of the blue.
"You're 25 now. In few years time, I'll be 25." Kai answered warmly.
This kid doesn't act his age.
------------------------------------------
The seaweed soup was ready, as Helen smelled it happily. It was a feat for her after an overnight cooking practice. Cooking was definitely not her talent. She needed a cookbook to make a simple egg rolls.
The doorbell rang. It must be Donghae. She took off her apron blotted with stains and checked herself in the mirror. Then, she opened the door. It wasn't Donghae. Upon seeing his eyebrows, she knew who the man was already. In shock, she accidentally closed the door and leaned on it. What is he doing here? She became more conscious of herself, brushed her hair with her fingers and opened the door again.
"Hello." Siwon greeted her in full smile. His dimples etched on his face. Helen didn't help herself not to return a smile. "Pastor Kim's wife made steamed buns. She asked me to give you this." he said and handed a lunch box enmeshed in cloth to Helen. "I'll go ahead."
Oppa, please stay for lunch. However, Helen could not voice it. She remained still and speechless.
"Siwon, please stay for lunch." Donghae said it for her. He just got out of the car.
"No thanks, I'm still full." Siwon replied in a stuttering manner.
"Lying is a sin to God." Donghae chaffed.
"Okay, okay. I'll stay!" Siwon said, raising his arms in the air.




