Ever since he received that call, Heechul did not lose grip on his phone. He clasped it tighter, channeling the pressure, worries, frustration towards it. He was waiting for the next call, wishing Kibum would call him again. The members went in search for Siwon except for Yesung, who stayed in the dorm. Ara and Helen immediately followed when he called them. They were all clammed up and the only thing audible was Heechul's stomping foot.
Ara and Helen held each other's hands and silently prayed for Suri in one corner. Then, Ara's phone rang. It stopped the tick of time and their heart skipped a beat.
"Yoboseyo?" Ara hesitantly spoke.
"Kai? What are you talking about?" Ara thought Kai was telling her nonsense. She was bit annoyed because it was the most inopportune time to play around.
"Listen. Kibum hyung will kill Suri if you don't get your ass over here!"
"Suri?! Ya! Where are you?" Ara said, her voice was blatant. Hearing Suri's name, Heechul bobbed up in front of Ara.
"We're here in-" but the line ended... with a gunshot.
"KAI?!!!" Ara shouted, her eyes gushing tears. "He killed Kai." She said in disbelief and throw her arms around Helen, embracing her, hoping to find comfort and hope. Sorrow painted all their faces, even Yesung. He wanted that kid to stay away from Ara but not in that way. They were all silent again, until Donghae emerged from the door.
"Ya! What's with the face?" Donghae remarked. He was holding plastic bags of food.
"Kibum abducted Suri." Helen answered for them.
"What? I just saw her in the train this morning."
"Train? Do you know where she's going?" In one quick movement, Heechul was shaking Donghae's shoulders, hungry for information.
"We both went to Mokpo. She said she would meet Jeremy Lin there..." Donghae stopped for a moment, something had crossed his mind. "Kibum has a rest house in Mokpo!"
---------------------------------
Sungjoon hurried back to the hospital. He was just about to draw his frustration when he noticed his sketchpad was missing. Kini seeing his sketches would be the last thing he wished to happen. He was catching his breath when his hand seized the door knob. He had not yet moved it when the door opened. Nurses came out with a stretcher and Kini lying there. Sungjoon became apoplectic, Kini had just woken up when he left the hospital. The image of the doctor gave Sungjoon the strength to move.
"Doctor, what happened?"
"We are transferring her to ICU. She suffered from another heart attack, a heart transplant needs to be done as soon as possible." said the doctor and left. Sungjoon was not able to say a thing, where the hell would they find a donor. His feet brought him inside the room, he saw his sketchpad. It was opened in half, the pages he left blank. But the page was not blank anymore, Kini had written something on it.
If only I could live a little longer, I want to spend my life with you.
-----------------------------------
"I abhor traitors! You know that?!" Kibum yelled at the lifeless Kai washed with blood. He scurried his way into the room, where Suri had burned her knuckles. "Did you hear that? Another life lost because of you!" Kibum said, bellowing with rage. His dexterous hand was playing with the gun but his eyes were stuck on Suri.
"Why are you doing this?" Suri asked, her eyes stopped from spilling tears but her teeth chattering when she spoke.
"Why? Do you really want to know?" Suri's mouth formed a yes without a sound. "Three years ago, you broke up with Hyung. Why? Because you learned that he was having an affair with someone. You left the country, Hyung tried to stop you. He did everything to win you back. He left that someone because of you." Kibum paused, stepped closer to Suri and bent over so they were face to face. "That someone is me."
"You?!" Suri uttered with the last strength she had.
"Yes. Me. Kim Kibum fell in love with Kim Heechul. We shared room for years, we would borrow each other's clothes. He told me I was the prettiest boy he had ever seen. He taught me many things. He taught me everything. He taught me how to kiss, how to love, how to live." He stopped and burst into tears, he was sobbing but trying to continue what he had to tell Suri. "But you take him away from me. You took my everything! Kim Heechul fell in love with Jang Suri! Little did I know, he was not serious about me. He was just doing that for fun, adventure. I was really hurt. I love him. I love Hyung more than anything else!"
"Kim Kibum" Suri gasped
"When you left, he had almost gone with you. He wouldn't talk to me, even look at me. He acts as if I don't exist. You ruined everything!" Kibum cried out and hit Suri's head with the gun. The impact was too strong that the chair nearly tumbled and Suri had a taste of her own blood. "This is all your fault! And you have to pay for it!!! I have lived in misery for three years. Turning my back from my dream, I left the group and followed you to New York. I learned many things about you, it wasn't hard for everyone to love you and I hate it!" Kibum pulled Suri's hair, changing the direction of the blowing blood from her head. "I hate your beautiful face. You're too beautiful. You don't belong here. You belong to heaven!" Kibum bawled out and smashed her again with the gun.
"I have waited for your comeback. I have waited for this. You know what, I think the Universe conspired to make it happen. You saw Jeremy Lin at the airport, that's true. But you are stupid enough to believe he's in Korea without announcement or anything." He shook his head and giggled. "But you make it easier for me. Look, you're here willingly came to Mokpo because of Jeremy Lin. It was not that hard to look for a Korean look alike. Kai helped me with that. That kid, he was so desperate to earn money to study, he didn't even know what I am up to. But I was the one who called you, acting like your boss, telling you Jeremy Lin is in Korea and you buy it!" Kibum was laughing, so proud of himself.
"I understand why you want to kill me but why do you have to involve them?" Suri said feebly.
"Seo Ara, she likes Heechul. Besides, in three years of stalking you I've learned that among your friends, she would always call you, ask you where you at. She might ruin my plan so I had to do something to her. Well, you can consider her lucky I didn't harm her. Instead, I sent butterflies in her stomach. Hahaha! In case of Siwon hyung, I got a deeper reason. Hyung is the only person who knows about us. Every time, he would tell me my desire for Hyung was not right. He would even assign verses from the bible for me to read!" Kibum's voice in fury again. "I think its best for him to join his creator up above." Kibum tilted his head up and laughed his head off.
Kibum left the room, with Suri bathing in her own blood. Hang in there, Jang Suri. After two hours, Kibum returned with a paddle, smiling devilishly at Suri. His angelic face was totally gone and he looked possessed by some kind of hellish monster.
"I stole it from the fisherman. So many paddles in Mokpo, you know that. As an artist, I have to be resourceful, I will use this paddle for final touches to my art. I will use this to end your life!" Kibum burst out laughing. And with all his strength, he hit her anywhere: her head, shoulders, thigh, legs. Anywhere the paddle could land. From yelping in pain, Suri lost her voice. She couldn't even cry any longer, her vision became blurred.
Kibum was about to strike her in the head again when Heechul knocked down the door.
"Kim Kibum! You bastard!" Heechul cried. Suri closed her eyes, the last thing she heard were gunshots before she passed out.
Later, in the hospital. Someone was pronounced on arrival.




