Wild Feelings

The ramyeon was upset. It was cold and did not look edible anymore. It had been untouched since Sungjoon came. Kini's appetite had gone off somewhere, somewhere between the neglected and the forgotten. Her eyes glaring at Sungjoon, asking what the hell was he doing there. In Heechul's house. Sungjoon answered by surpassing the coldness in her eyes, the glare was also accompanied by a tapping fingers and feet.

Heechul, who was seated at the narrow end of the table, froze at their scorching heads. His east and west were humid. It caused him a headache. One thing, he was curious about  how in the world Sungjoon ended up sleeping beside Kini at her own place. He tried to break the cold war of glares but the timing was becoming problematic. Anytime, they might be throwing missiles and atomic bombs to each other. He must end this. He called for a cease fire.
"Ahem." Heechul cleared his throat first. "Kini, this is my cousin Sungjoon. He lives with me here. Sungjoon, this is Kini, Suri's sister. My ex." Stay calm and carry on. He told himself like the famous poster of World War II. "Kini will stay here for a meantime." Heechul added.

The reaction was impeccable silence. He was like transported to the Arctic. Heechul felt all alone. No one was answering him. To think that he had two housemates now. He snapped.

"Aigoo, I know I shouldn't have interfered with something going on between you, kids. Okay, I'm going to cut the chase. Sungjoon-a, how did you end up sleeping at her house?" Heechul with his eyes directed at Sungjoon, confused and doubtful. Kini held her breath. As if no choice, Sungjoon looked first at Heechul, then his eyes met Kini's. He released a yawn and raised his both arms as a sign of surrender. Do I really have to explain myself?
Image

"That girl..." Sungjoon began the story


"I have a name. Jang Kini." Kini interjected.

"Okay! That Jang Kini took a drink from a stranger." From the looks of his listeners, it was insinuating that he was the stranger. He took it back. "I'm not that stranger! Going back, I saw that stranger slipped ketamine into her drink. She soon passed out and the stranger dubiously carried her out of the bar." Sungjoon paused to glance at Kini, who was in a deep thought. He resumed, "At first, I thought, I couldn't care less. That Jang Kini is responsible for herself. But my conscience bugged me until I found myself beating up the stranger."

"How did we get to my house?" Kini asked, more curious than mad.

"That's a good question." Sungjoon acknowledged in a lofty manner. "You happened to speak when you sleep. I tested the waters, fortunately you gave me your address when I asked. So there, you arrived home safely. Because of me." The last three words were pointed out with despise.

Kini, not yet accepting she lost the battle, struck out with a quick question. "But why did you stay? You should have left me alone."

I put her to bed. When I was about to leave she stopped me by the hand and mumbled something. The last word was the only thing comprehensible. She said, "Kajima." (Don't go). I looked at her. I saw sadness on her face. I have been there. I knew the feeling. My brain asked me to leave but my heart implored me to stay. I followed my heart. Sadness loves a company. So I stayed.

"I was too lazy to leave." Sungjoon redeemed himself from the intriguing question. "You should be thankful to me. If it wasn't for me, you would have been crying by now being a rape victim." He smirked.

Eureka was all over Heechul's face. He could not deny that he once doubted Sungjoon. He felt he owe his cousin something. Perhaps, a thank you from Kini would be enough payment. "Kini, you heard him. I think you should say thank you."

"But Oppa..." Kini trailed off. By saying thank you she would surely feed this man's ego. You're not my type. It crossed her mind again. That nightmarish statement. Aigoo. Kini must be very lucky she was saved by her ringing cellphone. She answered it, an alibi to not to say thank you. It was an unknown man. The message left her in distress. She searched for Heechul's eyes. "Oppa, Suri eonnie... she's in the hospital."

The three left without wasting any second. The ramyeon was left cold and alone in the house.

-----------------------------------------------

Ara walked out of Handel and Gretel. She was in the apogee of embarrassment and loathe. Yesung!!!  She was walking down the street wearing her hopping mad face, not noticing the bike coming towards her.

Ara was almost got run over by the bike. Distraught, she lost her balance, her ass kissed the ground. "AAAWWW!!!" she cried. Why am I so unlucky today?

The man driving the bike stopped, and helped her to get up. "Ahjumma, are you okay?" It hurt her ears.

"How dare you calling me Ahjumma? I'm only 25 years old! You are asking me if I was okay? Look! I slipped on the ground. It hurts! It really hurts!!!" The pain in the ass must be so great Ara started to cry. "It really hurts, first it was Suri then Kini? I've loved him for years! Why can't he notice me?! But then, I don't hate him! I don't hate him not even a little bit. I still love him!!!" Ara was sobbing now, carried away by her emotion. She sit on the ground, kicking like a child who didn't get what she wants.  The man stooped over to her, reaching his handkerchief.

"I'm sorry for calling you Ahjumma. Noona, there are so many fish in the sea. Like many cars on the road. They are staring at us. You should get up." The man said and rode his bike. Ara scanned the place. Lots of drivers looking at her in contempt. She looked back asking for sympathy and got up. Noticing the handkerchief, her eyes followed the bike the man was riding until it was out of her sight.

On the handkerchief, there was a name embroidered. Kai.

Image

---------------------------------------------------

Heechul, Kini hurried over to the receptionist, getting Suri's room number. On the other hand, Sungjoon was like a paper boat, letting himself being swayed by the river current. Their moves were frantic, instead of saving time, it caused them a lot of trouble to reach Suri's room. It was arduous.

When they opened the door, Suri was arguing with the nurse. "I need to talk to that guy. He is Jeremy Lin! My life depends on Jeremy Lin!" she said , exerting all her effort to overthrow the nurse. The nurse was strong. Unfortunately.

However, the nurse was softened by Heechul's presence who gestured her to leave. The nurse gave him a shy smile then left the room. "My Suri!" He said it with overwhelming sweetness.

"Ya! Kim Heechul, what the hell are you doing here?" Jang Suri's welcome to Heechul. Very unwelcoming. Then, she noticed the two heads belonging to Kini and Sungjoon behind Heechul. "And those two?" she added.

Heechul answered for them, "Kini received a call from a man saying you were hospitalized. That's why we rushed over here." he explained, sitting on the edge of Suri's bed.

"A man?" Suri reiterated. Asking for confirmation, now acknowledging Kini's presence.

"Yes, eonni. But he didn't tell me his name." Kini answered. Her eyes full of worries, Omo, what if Eonni was hospitalized because of me? "Eonni, how are you feeling?"

Suri couldn't be mad at Kini for long. Her heart melted by sisterly love. "I'm okay. A ball hit my head and I collapsed. They said I was also dehydrated." Suddenly, work outshone her health related topic. "Ya, Kini, a man called you? Do you still have his number?" Kini just nodded giving her phone to Suri.

But Heechul was too fast to get Kini's phone. He erased the man's number. "Kim Heechul, what have you done?" Suri shrieked, her eyes were cursing Heechul.

"Jang Suri, you almost died yet you are still thinking about your work! How about you think of me for a change?" Heechul said teasing. Sungjoon laughed at the humor, which Suri noticed then glared at him. It made him stopped. Hey you, we're not yet done!  But what mattered at that moment was Jeremy Lin. Knowing his last hope of finding him was gone by a simple click, she screeched hysterically like a wild child. Two closed fists thumping repeatedly against Heechul's chest.

Heechul tolerated her for a moment. When he had enough, he took Suri's wrist and nailed them on the bed. He leaned over to her. His lips was heartbeat away from hers. Suri gulped. Three years ago, Heechul would kiss her, unexpectedly. 

Image
The two other people in the room cleared their throat like "Get a room." However, they were already in the room. Heechul pointed the door to them, signalling them to leave. Now, only Heechul and Suri were left. "Kim Heechul, three years have passed." Suri said uncomfortably.

"Yes, three years. But nothing has changed." He said and kissed her.

---------------------------------------------

"You're making me jealous." Donghae said, feigning his anger. It relieved Helen. But hey, she did not do anything wrong. Did she? She looked back at Siwon. Now, she did not know the answer. Donghae approached Helen and hold her hand, "Thank you for being with Gongju the whole night." he said to Siwon. "You are really reliable."

This spoiled the moment Helen enjoyed with Siwon this morning. "Did you call, Siwon oppa?" she asked Donghae, her voice a bit trembling.

"Yes. I'm sorry I was really busy last night so I called him up and asked him to stay with you here. Why?" Donghae guilelessly questioned.

"Nothing." All the glow from Helen's eyes had gone. She became pale and feeble. Siwon noticed it.

"Gongju, are you okay?" Siwon's tone of voice was concerned but more of sorry. Helen just smiled at him. Faking a smile is one of the hardest thing to do. If Donghae did not text you, would you still stay with me? Would you buy me a tea? Her second thoughts inundated her mind. Omo, she knew she would soon cry. Donghae would ask.

Image

"I'll go to the washroom first." Helen said, pinching Donghae's palm then headed off to somewhere. She found an empty room. Helen could no longer hold her tears. She cried.

Yoon Gongju, how many times do I have to tell you this. Forget Siwon. You have Donghae now!!!

But her heart was stubborn. It would not listen.

 

Meet The Author

   
divmoes
a student of History and Literature. Bibliophile and Korean in past life.
     
       
"The best way to predict your future is to create it."
- Abraham Lincoln
 
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
-Theodore Roosevelt
 
"Patience is a talent"
 
"Eruption - not necessary"